The Business Unit is coordinated by Dr. Thomas Stahlecker.
Projects of the Business Unit Regional Innovation Dynamics and Knowledge Exchange
Based on the concept of national and regional innovation systems as well as related explanatory approaches to institutional and technological change in functional areas and regional systems, the business unit focuses on documenting and evaluating regional innovation activities and the functioning and effectiveness of the corresponding support policy measures and instruments. An essential aspect here is the process of knowledge exchange and transfer, which is considered from different perspectives - institutional, support policy, technological and spatial.
- Accompanying research and evaluation of programs to support knowledge and technology transfer and start-ups
- Evaluations of regional programs supporting clusters and networks
- Analysis and evaluation of new cooperation models of institutionalized transfer and exploitation process (Public Private Partnerships, living labs, etc.)
- Recording, measuring and evaluating regional structures and innovation potentials
- Analyzing regional structural change and transformation paths (concepts, indicators, regional benchmarks, typologization of regions)
- Evidence-based process support and regional strategy development of RTI programs
- Governance of regional RTI policy