The Competence Center Energy Technology and Energy Systems contributes towards developing new technologies for a sustainable energy system. The efficient use of energy is a key strategy to satisfy energy demand in an environment- and resource-saving way.
The rational use of energy can contribute to strengthening the competitive position of industrial locations and the export-oriented capital goods industry. In the coming decades, great market opportunities for energy services will open up in domestic and international markets.
We design and evaluate instruments for a more rapid development and diffusion of sustainable, innovative energy technologies as well as strategies for research and development.
Our analytical work on the impacts of an increased utilization of energy-efficient and renewable technologies on employment, income, the economic structure and the environment help decision-makers in the practical design of effective policy instruments.
In addition, we advise our national and international clients from the public and private sector on the introduction of future-oriented technological, economic and institutional innovations.
Our analyses are based on a broad range of methods, in particular detailed modelling of the transformation of the energy system.
Fraunhofer ISI is a key player concerning the transformation of the energy system due to its broad network of partners and its cooperations within the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
- Deep decarbonization of industry is possible with innovations
- Electric cars purchased and used in Germany today have a much better carbon footprint than diesel or gasoline-powered cars
- Lower electricity prices for households due to electric vehicles
- Recommendations for climate-friendly road freight transport
- Medium-term forecast: Falling demand for electricity, rising electricity self-sufficiency
- Profitable Investment in Funding Projects