The Business Unit is coordinated by Prof. Dr. Knut Blind.
The core task of the business unit "Regulation and Innovation" is to analyze and assess regulatory framework conditions with regard to their effects on innovation. Our work provides background knowledge and impulses for designing innovation-friendly regulatory framework conditions, primarily for governmental decision-making bodies. However, we also deal with the self-regulation of actors in business and society, especially in the form of standardization, so that we can offer expert advice to decision-makers in business and other non-governmental organizations. Our distinguishing feature is our profound knowledge of how regulation and standardization function at national, European and international level and the dynamics involved. We consider the innovation effects of the entire quality infrastructure, which includes regulation and standardization, certification and accreditation as well as metrology.
- Foresight regarding the need for future regulation and standardization
- Analysis of field tests and test-beds
- Innovation-oriented impact analyses of regulations and standards
- Screening the implementation of standards
- Analysis of evidence-based regulation and standardization