Miriam Hufnagl completed a degree in political science, constitutional and international law, and history at Augsburg University in 2009, and has worked since then in the field of analyzing and evaluating national and European research and innovation policies and their governance. Since 2012, she has combined work with studying for her PhD on an international comparison of innovation policy strategies at Leuphana University of Lüneburg. As well as working at Fraunhofer ISI, she also works on innovation and technology transfer for the German national research center DESY (Deutsches Elektronen Synchrotron) in Hamburg.
- 2009-2017: researcher and project manager at the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI, Competence Center Policy – Industry – Innovation
- 2012-2013: spent several months as a visiting researcher at the Copenhagen Business School and Université de Strasbourg
- 2015-2016: secondment to the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Berlin
- 2018-2019: teaching at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg
- since June 2018: researcher at DESY Deutsches Elektronen Synchrotron DESY, Hamburg; Office for Innovation and Technology Transfer (ITT): https://tt.desy.de/
- since August 2019: researcher in the Competence Center Policy and Society