- 1992-1994: Institute of Business Administration, College of Management, National Taiwan University (NTU) Degree: M.B.A.
- 1999-2003: Scholarship holder for high-talented students at the “Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung“ (KAS, Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, the Foundation of CDU)
- 1999-2004: Ph.D. program, at the Chair of Economic Policy and Development Economics, School of Business and Economics, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU). Title of the dissertation: “An Institutional Analysis of Taiwan’s Economic Development Policy“. Degree: Dr. rer. pol.
- 2004-2005: Post-Doc-Research, at the Institute of Economic Sciences, Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, FAU
Title of the research project: “Does the Industrial Policy Enhance the Competitiveness of an Industrial Sector? – A Case Study about the Development of the Semiconductor Industry in Taiwan“
- 2005-2008: Habilitation (Post-Doctoral lecture qualification) program, at the Institute of Economic Sciences, Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, FAU. Title of the Habilitation-project: “The Development of the Semiconductor Industry in China – A Case Study of the High-technology Industrialisation in “Latecomer“ Countries in the Context of National System of Economic Learning“
- 2008-2011: Associate fellow at the European Research Center on Contemporary Taiwan, University Tübingen
- 1994-1997: Specialist, Dept. of Planning and Evaluation, at “Taiwan Fuji Xerox Corp.“, Taipei, Taiwan
- Since October 2008: Freelance researcher at “Institute for Information Industry“, Taipei, Taiwan
- Since March 2012: Research associate at Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI.