System- und Innovationsforschung ISI
Analysis of the Regional Innovation System in the BoHai Bay Area, China
During the course of the project, BRCSS is invited to send two junior researchers to ISI for four months each, at a time to be agreed upon (Mr Xin Luo staying from 05/06/09 to 31/08/09). ISI will provide office space and tutoring. The researchers will be directly included in the project work.
At key stages of the project, ISI researchers will visit BRCSS to be available for consultation and discussion. This will be especially important to ensure the smooth transfer of results from one module to another. The duration of these stays, however, will not exceed two weeks.
The project wil involve the following workpackages:
- Kick-off meeting in Germany
- Design of a blueprint of the analysis of a regional innovation system
- Development of guidelines and questionnaire for expert interviews
- Investigation of Bohai innovation system using blueprint for RIS analysis
- Description of the BRCSS innovation system
- Investigation of Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta
- Benchmarking of BRCSS with Yangtze and Pearl River Delta, with ISI involvement
- Sectoral innovation system analysis in the environmental protection and energy conservation industry in the BRSS
- Analysis of regional innovation systems in Germany and Europe
- Integration of the sectoral aspects in Germany and Europe
- Policy Conclusions and final workshop in China
- Draft of an EU project proposal
Overall, it is the aim of the project to contribute to a better understanding of the set-up of a key regional innovation system in China - both with regard to actors and with regard to institutional framework conditions. With the help of our Chinese partners, we will collect information from policy makers, research institutions and business executives - using methodologies established in ISI. Additionally, we will apply methodologies developed in the business area indicators to corroborate our findings with quantitative evidence regarding publications and patents.